Thursday, January 24, 2008

New Sewing Room


When we moved from the Netherlands in August we had these cupboards from Ikea that we had bought for our clothes since our apartment did not have built in closets. Of course we do not need them here in Iowa for our clothes - but they make wonderful storage for my quilting room! We took a spare bedroom in the house and turned it into a sewing room - it's great to have so much space to spread out for a change.

















The picture to the left shows my flannel board. It is made out of a preprinted flannel piece of fabric that I picked up at the local quilt shop. My husband and I wrapped it around a thin piece of particle board and hung it on the wall. It works great and no more cats on the floor laying on my quilt blocks!












I used to collect crocheted potholders from the 40's and 50's - I looooooooove them! My husband hates them though so I put them in my sewing room as valances for the windows. They are so fun to look at and I love the bright colors.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is an incredible idea! I love the potholder valance!

Idaho Quilter said...

OH MY, I love those potholders what a great idea, and what a lovely room. You must enjoy spending time there.