Sunday, July 15, 2007

Visit to Mannheim, Germany


A couple of weeks ago we visited our friends Steven, Susan and Jonathan in Burstadt, Germany. They are our long time friends from when we lived in Mannheim. It's always wonderful to see them! Ed and I spent almost 7 years there raising our kids. We have so many wonderful memories. The military community in Mannheim is like a ghost town now, so many young men and women deployed to Iraq. I believe allot of their families have gone back home. I think I would have done the same.
Ed worked at Coleman Barracks in one of the aviation units. He arranged the placement of this Huey helicopter in the front of the installation when he was stationed there and it is still there!!!

3 comments:

Krisi said...

Cool! That's awesome that you guys got to go back and see that, I know dad really wanted to drive by. I'm really glad that we were able to go back to the base, and it was really cool that Chris got to see it, too. It's really changed, huh?

kellyjasper said...

i remember that, cool.

swooze said...

My cousin lived in Mannheim for awhile. I got to visit him there several times and loved the town. I remember seeing the water tower which was a landmark someone told me to use. I remember just standing there with my mouth hanging open. Not what I expected! LOL